Friday, April 13, 2007

#3 The Website

I am in the mainstream of processing my website. I have steadily begun to code and create it. I have most of the main page done.

I am building my website for my future students. I am creating the website as an interactive media class website. My content is about the class, Webquest, Students, and About Instructor. Everything is based for my students, their teachers, and my school administrators. This is a way for the parents to keep track of anything going on in the classroom. The students can pull up their assignments at any time or look at what is coming up in their class. My administrators can see what I am doing in the class and keep track of the class.

I want the look of my website to be clean but also fun and interactive. There are a few extras I plan on adding to the website, but I want to get those done and look at them before I actually add them in. I'll give you a sneak peek at one of my design pictures




The biggest challenge that I have come across was the actual look of my website. There was a certain look I was going for. So I just kept looking at different websites and researching what I liked and what I did not like. I also found some websites that were dedicated to giving awards out to the best websites. I read some articles about what works on a website and what does not. Here are some links to some of the things that I looked at.

Cool Websites


Web Page Designers


Cool homepages


Webby Awards


The FWA

I posted on Janet and Josh's blogs.

6 comments:

onegirl4u said...

Laura, Thanks for the word of encouragement.... and yes, I could use assistance! Looks like you are well on your journey to completion... I have missed you in class... Are you ok? How is your dad doing? My email is jcreiss077@aol.com.... let me know! Hope to see you soon! Janet

Scott Connor said...

I actually think it's a cool idea to make a website so that those outside of the class can see what is going on. Our former high school started doing that and each teacher is given a page to update parents on progress in the class, and it gives students reminders on things to do in case they forget.

Kirb said...

What a cool idea! I wish I had teachers who did that in high school. It's also great from the parents point of view so they can access the URL and check out what their kids are learning in class. Great idea, good luck..

tia1012 said...

I love the idea of making a website so you can use it for class! Mine is going to be similar. I want it to also be there for parents and students to visit outside of the school. Good luck with yours.

t said...

Nice looking blog! I'm looking forward to seeing your site; you seem to have a flair for the creative...I love the fortune cookie!

Culver said...

Laura-I tink it's an interesting idea to create the website for your students and their parents. It will serve as a nice reference for those parents who want to get involved in what's going on in their childs school. Good luck