Tuesday, May 8, 2007

#6 Pod-Nation

So this week we were introduced to the world of podcasting, or as I like to call it pod-nation. It is so cool to see all the different things out there that you can listen to and see for free!! Every day it just gets more exciting.

I went on a mad craze subscribing and downloading more podcasts, then I already had subscribed too!

The following is the podcasts that I am already subscribed to or just subscribed. Hope you check them out!

Academically/Professionally



1. Diggnation-- this is a weekly tech/web culture show based on my favorite website www.digg.com! There are lots of social bookmarking news stories, and now you can listen to them, instead of reading them!






2. Make Magazine--MakeZine.com-- this is an audio show hosted by Phillip Torrone. This is based on the MAKE magazine, which is a really cool and neat magazine. This magazine gives you great do-it-yourself projects.




3. Tips and Tricks Photography-- this podcast is dedicated to encourage their listeners/readers to share and explore their creative natures in photography.

Personally

1. Strong Bad -- This podcast is based on Strong Bad. He answers "real emails from real morons." Tons of hilarious stuff!






2. Happy Tree Friends--They are cute, cuddly, and absolutely horribly wrong! They are cute critters that experience are kinds of things. In the end, that cannot escape their horrible fate. THis is where you can find that twisted humor you've been looking for.




3. Vintage Tooncast -- this a podcast distributing free 30s, 40s, and 50s cartoons. These cartoons came before political correctness, so they can be offensive and seen as inappropriate in today's society.




4. Jamie's Podcast-- want to learn how to make some tast dishes? Well Jamie Oliver has all the right stuff, including good looks! Learn some great culinary tips!











5. Whole Foods Market Podcast--A variety of topics that relate to natural and organic foods--you know the stuff that is naturally good for ya





I subscribed to all my podcasts because they had some interest to me. The ones that I chose Academically/Professionally have great tips and ideas on technology. There is also a few podcasts that allow me to come up with some creative ideas when it comes time to teach my students. The podcasts that I chose personally are a form of comedic relief and also help me to learn how to cook--so my husband doesn't have to go starving!!




I found all of my podcast through the iTunes store. It is a great program that allows you to download lots of incredible podcasts.

I posted on Peg and Scott's blogs.

3 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Wow! You really did a great job on your blog this week. I'm glad you found some podcasts that you will enjoy.

onegirl4u said...

Laura,

Your site is always filled with many interesting items. I very much enjoy visiting your site and finding out what you've done. You are an inspiration to me!!! Wish I had all your knowledge... lol...

Kern.213 said...

Sweet podcast choices. I have every season of happy tree friends and watch strong bad once in awhile. Cool. I like the layout of your blog a lot